VitaK has a substantial investment program to increase its own clinical equipment for in-house clinical endpoint measurements in human intervention trials and clinical trials.
Worldwide we are the number one laboratory in measuring Matrix Gla Protein (MGP).
VitaK Innovation in Life Science has a strong focus on the development of new Point of Care and In Vitro Diagnostic tests.
What if you could identify high risk patients at the earliest stage of their cardiovascular disease?
VitaK has its own facilities for blood sampling and measuring clinical endpoints in the various human intervention trials that are executed.
Both fundamental and applied research are the core business of VitaK. We offer our expertise in the form of contract research for third parties.
The POC testing market is set to reach $49 billion by 2018.
VitaK offers its scientific potential to clients who want to solve specific research questions. To our clients we count a number of multinationals and listed companies in Europe as well as in the USA. Typical clients are universities, dairy industries, food industries, pharmaceutical industries and diagnostics industries.
Topics for collaboration include:
- VitaK Scientific Service provides a resource for technical expertise and support through laboratory staff at our facilities.
- Bioassay Testing.
- Biomarker development, with a focus on biomarkers for cardiovascular disease, bone and cartilage disease and chronic kidney disease.
- Method Development and Validation Services: Method Development, Method Optimization, Method Feasibility, Method Qualification, Method Validation, Method Verification/Suitability.
- Method Development and Validation Services: Biochemistry (Assay development), Method Development Validation (Assay validation), Protocol Writing (Method Validation/Qualification/Verification and Stability Studies).
- Gla-proteins, i.e. the proteins that are formed in a vitamin K-dependent way. Conformation-specific assays differentiating between active and inactive Gla-proteins have proven to be of major diagnostic utility.
- Matrix Gla-Protein (MGP), the Gla-protein synthesized in the vessel wall. Conformation-specific assays have been developed in collaboration with IDS, and are exclusively performed at the VitaK laboratories.
- Phylloquinone and menaquinone detection. We offer this technique for measurement in blood plasma/serum, food and supplements, and we are unique in the commercial assessment of the long-chain menaquinones MK-7, MK-8, MK-9 and MK-10.
- Cohort analysis. New and existing biomarkers are offered for testing large population-based cohorts in epidemiological studies. The standard procedure is that we test blindly and send the coded data to the client.
- In vitro cell culture systems can be grown in our dedicated labs. We have a long experience with human cells (e.g. human vascular smooth muscle cells) and cell lines (e.g. the osteoblastic MG63 line).
- In vitro skin culture systems. Commercially available in vitro skin models closely parallel human skin and form a useful tool in skin research. VitaK is specialized in culturing these in vitro skin models and offers its technologically advanced skin applications to other parties.
- Experimental animal facilities. VitaK has no experimental animal facilities of its own, but has access to the University’s facility.
- Human intervention studies are performed for many clients. VitaK is capable to handle all aspects of intervention trials, but we can also assist you with parts of such trials (e.g. recruitment and intake, blood sampling or statistics).
6229 EV Maastricht
T: +31 (0)43 388 5926
6229 EV Maastricht